Saturday, September 26, 2009

Martin Short Exposed Himself to Clifford Stylists

Actor Martin Short gave female stylists working on his 1994 comedy Clifford more than they bargained for during his first day of filming, when he accidentally exposed himself.

The funnyman portrayed the 10-year-old title character in the movie, despite being 44 at the time.

He was required to shave his legs for the role but was in such a rush to get to the set, he forgot to do so and had to ask the on-set hairdresser, Christine, and her assistant to help him with hair removal cream Nair.

He recalls, "I rushed in and forgot to shave my legs. I meet my female hairdresser and her assistant and my make-up artist John and I say, 'Look guys, why don't we do this simultaneously.' So I took off my pants and I had my boxers on. I put my legs up onto the counter and I said, 'Why don't you ladies just Nair my legs and we can do the make-up now too?'"

Short only realised he had been flashing his penis at the women when they finished the job and he looked down to check out their handiwork: "I'm talking to John, they finish 'Nairing' (sic) my legs and I look down and my penis is hanging out of my boxer underwear. So I was completely frightened and terrified but I don't say anything to them because I just met them."

But he managed to make light of the situation after establishing a friendship with the hairdressers and the pair laughed off the embarrassing incident.

He adds, "A week later I went up to Christine and I said, 'The first day we met, was my penis hanging out of my boxers?' and she said, 'Yes. And if I knew you then like I know you now, I would have shoved that thing right back in!'"

No comments: