Monday, September 28, 2009

Madonna Wasn't Sexy Enough for Michael Jackson

Michael Jackson once claimed he turned down Madonna's romantic advances because he didn't think she was "sexy."

In a 2001 interview with his friend Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, Michael said: "I think she was sincerely in love with me and I was not in love with her. I think she likes shock value and she knows how to push buttons on people."

"She did a lot of crazy things. I knew we had nothing in common. She is not sexy at all. I think being sexy comes from the heart in the way you present yourself."

As well as being convinced Madonna was attracted to him, Michael also thought the "Vogue" star was jealous of his career. He explained: "They admire you and know you are wonderful and great because they are jealous, because they wish they were in your shoes. Madonna is one of them. She is jealous. She is a girl, a woman and I think that's what bothers her. I think women don't scream for other women. Men are too cool to scream for women. I get the fainting and adulation and she doesn't."

The "Thriller" singer also admitted he considered dating his long-time friend Elizabeth Taylor, even though she was 25 years older than him. However, he decided against pursuing his feelings for fear of being publicly humiliated.

He said: "I know that if we ever did anything romantically the press would be so mean and nasty and call us The Odd Couple. It would turn into a circus and that's the pain of it all."

The interviews have now been published as a new book called "The Michael Jackson Tapes: A Tragic Icon Reveals His Soul In Intimate Conversation."

No comments: