Monday, May 18, 2009

Pregnant Carnie Wilson's Tummy Is Stretched Tight

She has the name picked out and an eager older daughter. Now, Carnie Wilson is ready to have her second baby, who is due in early June.

"I'm tired and my tummy is so tight!" Wilson, 41, told People at Saturday's GSN Game Show Awards in Beverly Hills. "She's healthy. She's three weeks away, 2½ weeks away. I'm feeling great."

Joined at the event by her musician-husband Rob Bonfiglio, mother Marilyn, and aunt, Wilson said, "I didn't know what it would be like at nine months' pregnant. But I really wanted to be here, and I'm honored. I got into hair and makeup, and I'm rolling down the carpet!"

The baby's name will be Luciana, Wilson first announced in January. Balancing motherhood – daughter Lola is 4 – and a career – hosting a revival of the classic Newlywed Game on GSN – is one of Wilson's bigger life challenges.

"Let me tell you, it's not easy, it's not easy," Wilson says. "It's really, really challenging. But my time with my daughter is so precious. I make sure every night, every morning, if I'm not working, I'm taking her to school, I'm reading her books, I'm making her dinner, I'm loving her. It's everything."

Lucy can expect to live in a house filled with books, as Wilson has already taught Lola to be a voracious reader. "If you knew how many books this child has," said Wilson, who also does not anticipate any sibling rivalry.

"Oh my God, Lola is over the moon about this," Wilson says. "She says, 'I love you, Lucy,' and kisses my tummy. I'm going to wrap a doll and have it at the hospital and give it to Lola from Lucy. We're ecstatic."

On camera, Wilson has hosted The Newlywed Game since April 6th, marking the show's return to the air for the first time in 10 years. To put her own touch on the revived favorite, "I try to be fearless and not overanalyze," she says. "That's the way I am."

The Game Show Awards air June 6th on GSN.

No comments: