Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Christian Bales on the Cover of GQ

Christian Bale is featured on the June 2009 cover of GQ. Here are highlights of his article.

On unleashing the Rant on the set of Termination Salvation: “I’d definitely say that that guy who was yelling was at least half John Connor, and the rest was Christian Bale.”

On using his Americanized John Connor accent off-camera too: “I do that because I’m just not very good at switching between two voices. If I had the talent to turn it on and off on cue, I would. But I don’t, so I have to maintain. Otherwise I’m aware that I’m “doing an accent” whenever I’m filming, instead of just speaking. Hey, listen, I don’t make any excuses. None of it is excusable. You know, I feel I already said everything about this that needs to be said when I called up the radio station.”

On when he fell off the vegetarianism bandwagon: “I was up in Toronto and went to see that movie Life Is Beautiful. By myself. And when I came out, I had a craving for blood unlike anything I had ever experienced since I decided to go vegetarian at the age of 7. It was a compulsion. It was undeniable. I went to several restaurants, one right after the other, and got the biggest, bloodiest steaks I could get my hands on. It was the first time I had tasted flesh in almost twenty years.”

Termination Salvation opens in theaters this Friday, May 22nd.

Check out the full Christian feature at
www.GQ.com. It ends pretty hilariously.

No comments: