Monday, September 13, 2010

Matthew Morrison is Nothing Like His 'Glee' Character, Will Schuester

Matthew Morrison says he's nothing like his Glee character. In fact, he admits he's quite an a**hole! He plays singing Spanish teacher Will Schuester in the series, and jokes that he's not such a charming guy when the cameras aren't rolling.

He joked: "Playing a character on television is very different to film where there is a little more distance between you guys and the fans. And Will Schuester is a likable, trustworthy guy. If only they knew that I was a "f**king a**hole."

However, the former Broadway star admitted that playing his on screen character is not difficult because he often teaches singing classes.

He explained: "I wish I could say my part's an acting stretch but it isn't. I go back and teach master classes at college and at my high school."

Matthew also spoke of his admiration for Jane Lynch, who plays hi on-screen rival, Cheerios cheerleading coach Sue Sylvester. He told Vogue magazine: "She's the sweetest woman you could meet. She's so great..I crack up in her face a lot."

However, he admitted that working with Jane could be terrifying. He added: "When I heard that we were going to improvise, I was terrified. But over the last year, she's raised the expectations I have for myself."

No comments: