Friday, September 17, 2010

George Clooney 'Welcomes' Aging

George Clooney doesn't mind getting old. He says he "welcomes" the aging, and the silver fox thing really works for him. We highly doubt Mr. Clooney will ever be too old for anyone or the movies.

He attributes his film success, and why he's never been typcast, to a few things. He told Germany’s Sueddeutsche Zeitung newspaper: “That’s down to lack of success. No, really. Being hugely successful in a certain role or genre comes with the risk of being typecast. So far I was lucky – in moderation.

The second reason is my advanced age. I’m literally aging before your faces I’m not vain though. I welcome it, the aging. Otherwise I would have colored my hair by now. Of course I’m not offered the role of the romantic hero that often anymore, but at my age I get to do more and more character roles.”

He's not scared of aging, but he is scared of weapons. He said: “Guns, rifles – there’s something frightening about them. Still. Although I’ve grown up with them in Kentucky and although I’ve had to use them in a lot of my films. I’ve learned to use them, but I’m still scared of them.”

No comments: