Thursday, September 9, 2010

New Book About Lady Gaga's 'Monster Ball' Tour

Clear off some space on your coffeetable, Lady Gaga fans. A new book is to follow the singer behind the scenes of her "Monster Ball" tour.

The "Alejandro" hitmaker has teamed up with photographer Terry Richardson to document her offstage life while travelling the world on the 181-date arena tour.

However, the eccentric singer admitted there were times when having someone follow her around all the time became a little too much to handle.

She told Japan’s Vogue Hommes magazine: “He wanted to a book about the ‘Monster Ball’. He wanted to shoot me backstage, not onstage, and look at who I am offstage. He's on the bus with me. He just follows me everywhere. He'll photograph me when I'm changing -- those quick changes during the show. And sometimes I'll have to pee during the show, and I'm always screaming, 'Terry, get out!'

“And he'll be saying, 'It's so beautiful. You're so punk!' If only my fans knew I was peeing in a beer cup backstage.”

Meanwhile, the kooky star has caused outrage among animal rights campaigners for posing on the cover of the magazine wearing a bikini made entirely of red meat.

Ingrid Newkirk, president of animal rights campaign group PETA, said: “Lady Gaga's job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body. No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal.

“Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that's the look they were going for -- they achieved it.”

No comments: