Tuesday, July 6, 2010

“A Single Man” Director Tom Ford Talks About Who He Wants Next, Brad Pitt!

Tom Ford’s outstanding directorial debut A Single Man is being released on DVD and Blu-Ray today. The film earned Colin Firth an Academy Award nomination for best actor and Julianne Moore should have received an Oscar nod but was somehow overlooked.

Ford should not have any trouble attracting A-List talent for his next film, whatever that turns out to be. The designer-turned-director talked to Entertainment Weekly about five stars he hopes to work with in the future:

Brad Pitt: “I’ve always admired Brad as an actor, but I think he’s even better now. I hope people take this the right way but he’s less physically perfect. His face has so much more character. He’s growing into himself.”

Tilda Swinton: “I think she’s amazing. She’s an incredible actress; she’s absolutely fearless. I loved her in I Am Love. She’s good in comedy too. There’s a huge untapped comedic actress there.”

Paul Rudd: “Everybody loves Paul Rudd. There’s something in his face and his eyes that everyone identifies with. I’d love to see him in something quite serious. I think he has enormous depth.”

Naomi Watts: “I love her always. I know her as a person, and I think so highly of her. She has star quality when she’s on screen. I’m riveted whatever [her current movie project] is.”

Justin Timberlake: “You can just feel he’s a great actor even from the few things we’ve seen him in. He has such presence and a kind of mystery. He has this enormous talent and it’s subtle

No comments: