Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Bachelor's Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi: The Showdown Gets Ugly

Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi took their he-said-she-said circus to the air on Monday night in a previously recorded interview about their relationship. Among the heated subjects they tackled were Vienna selling her story to a tabloid, the emotional abuse she says he inflicted, and the constant undermining Jake says he endured.

Trading bitter insults throughout their talk with Chris Harrison, the exes battled it out in a verbal boxing match that proved no winner — and pulled no punches. Here’s a recap of how it all went down:

Round 1: How it all fell apart
Jake: “The relationship was going downhill but I wasn’t ready to quit fighting.”

Vienna: “The first month together was great. He was crazy about me. From there it went straight downhill. It felt like a relationship when cameras were rolling or we were out on a red carpet, but when we were at home [it was] lonely. I just wanted him to be around me and talk to me and kiss me like a normal relationship.”

Round 2: The tabloid interview
Vienna: “Either way, our relationship had been public. The world was going to want to know what happened . . . I hadn’t had a voice this entire time.”

Jake: “I’m so mad at you. I’m disgusted with you.”

Vienna: “You are a fame whore is what you are.”

Round 3: Their life after The Bachelor
Vienna: “My impression was that you were a pilot and we were going to go back to Florida and Dallas and live a normal life. Instead, we’re in L.A. and you’re pursuing a career in acting.”

Jake: “At least I was pursuing a career in something.”

Round 4: Jake’s turn on Dancing with the Stars
Vienna: “He never acknowledged me. We were never together, ever, throughout the whole thing. I was excited to spend time with him [on the show].”

Jake: “She was excited because I put her on TV.”

Round 5: Who broke up with whom?
Vienna: “I called you and broke up with you over the phone.”

Jake: “She’s like a tabloid. You get 40 percent of the truth.”

Round 6: Who’s at fault?
Vienna: “He was always mean to me and treated me like I was a child.”

Jake: “She breaks me down, she undermines me, she’s mean . . . this is it, right here.”

Round 7: The knockout punch
Vienna: “I am sorry that I went about it the way I did. But I know you, and I knew you would have [sold your story to a tabloid] if I didn’t.”

Jake: “You don’t know me and I wouldn’t have done it . . .”

Vienna: [Interjects]

Jake: [Shouts] “Please stop interrupting me!”

Vienna: [Storms out, crying] “He is the biggest liar I’ve ever met in my life!”

Jake: “Unfortunately, that’s what one of our arguments looks like.”

No comments: