Friday, April 23, 2010

Tim Urban Talks About His “American Idol” Experience and His Hopes for the Future

Tim Urban talked to Entertainment Tonight about being voted off American Idol. Here's what he had to say:

“It was just such a blessing to be here,” Tim Urban says. “I couldn’t help but smile even when the judges were criticizing me. I didn’t want to get depressed about the comments.”

“The last couple of weeks, I showed America the kind of artist I would be. A couple of weeks, I was groping around. I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to do. I finally settled down and let myself be myself on the show. Looking back, I really feel I did what I wanted to do.”

Tim certainly made a lot of fans while on the show thanks to his improve performances but mostly because he is so darn cute. He says he would love to act and he does seem like a natural for a guest spot of Glee.

“I would love to pursue music,” he says. “I hope that door opens up, but I have always had a desire to act — to be in that side of the entertainment industry, as well. I am waiting to see what happens.”

When it comes to his nickname, “Teflon Tim,” because he was in the bottom two so many times but still made it to the Top Seven, plus the fact that the website www.votefortheworst.com featured him so many weeks, he takes the high road.

“I am not excited that I was on their website,” he admits. “I don’t think it is anything that anybody should be proud of. I was working hard to get off of it.”

No comments: