Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Cheryl Ladd Almost Turned Down Charlie's Angels

Cheryl Ladd almost turned down her iconic role in hit TV series Charlie's Angels - because she feared fans would reject her for replacing tragic TV legend Farrah Fawcett.

Ladd replaced Fawcett and played her character's sister Kris Munroe for 90 episodes between 1977 and 1981.

But the actress was convinced she'd face a bitter backlash from Fawcett's loyal fans.

She says, "I was really nervous because I was stepping in and hoping beyond hope the show would work with me in it. Let's face it, there were big shoes to fill. So I said, 'Ok, if I could be funny and make mistakes, then I have something to play that makes sense to me.'"

Ladd paid tribute to her predecessor at Saturday's TV Land Awards, where Fawcett was honoured with a special tribute - 10 months after she lost her battle with anal cancer.

No comments: