Thursday, April 29, 2010

“Glee” Star Chris Colfer Talks About Kurt’s Boyfriend, the GaGa Episode and More!

This is a terrific interview with the always entertaining Chris Colfer who plays gay high school student Kurt on Glee.

In Tuesday’s episode, Kurt was front and center with a big solo number and a plotline that had his dad and Finn’s mom starting to date. It’s Kurt’s way of getting closer to Finn but backfires when he feels like the object of his affection is the son his dad always wanted.

The actor has talked at length to the NY Post’s PopWatch column and here are some excerpts:

PW: In addition to the costumes, I hear there is some really intense stuff for Kurt in the GaGa episode, true?
Chris: We’ve definitely got some of our best stuff coming up. I definitely think there’s more of an emotional roller coaster that the club goes in, and Kurt specifically. We shot the most emotional scene that I’ve ever done – myself and Mike O’Malley as Burt and Kurt – a week ago for the Lady GaGa episode. I think the response to that is going to be great. I think it’s going to be more of a reaction than we got from “Preggers” or “Wheels.” It’s pretty intense.

PW: Is the finale also going to leave us in tears?
Chris: Yea. Oh I’m getting chills just thinking about it. You take us – the actors – and then us – the characters – and rewind a year ago to when we did the pilot. You really see how much we’ve all grown as individuals and how much our characters have grown in the show. Take all that and add the music they chose for Regionals and it’s very emotional. It’s so special to us and I hope fans are just as emotional towards it as we are.

PW: One of the big plans for season two is introducing a boyfriend for Kurt, any idea if you’ll have a say in casting?
Chris: I have no idea how it’s going to work out. I’ll play it by ear, I’m sure we’ll be reading with the new characters and since we’ll be a couple, I’m guessing I’ll be there to make sure there’s no awkwardness. But hopefully I have no input, because I’m very vain and the only input I really want to give is that I need to be the better looking half of the couple. I don’t want to be the weak link or have people think, “What’s he doing with Kurt?”

PW: Are you excited to portray the next step in an emerging gay’s journey?
Chris: I really am and I get more and more excited every day. I know it’s going to bring up so much more great stuff with Kurt & Burt – I live for the father/son scenes. It’s so special. And I think there’s going to be a lot of good comedy stuff that’s going to come out of it as well, which is good because I feel like so much of what I’ve done has been dramatic. I want to stretch my comedy legs as well.

Here is a
LINK to the complete PopWatch interview.

No comments: