Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Glee Rocks Madonna -- TV Guide Cover!

The cast of Glee pays tribute to living legend Madonna on the latest flip-out cover of TV Guide Magazine, on stands April 15th. Glee gets into the groove for their Madonna-themed episode, airing April 20th on FOX. Here are some tidbits from the interview:

– On her early memories of Madonna, Lea Michele remembers attending Madonna’s Drowned World Tour three times and styling her hair like Miss Ciccone when attending Bat Mitzvahs.

Matthew Morrison recalls: “I wasn’t a big fan of Madonna; never got into it. As a heterosexual guy, she didn’t have much impact on my life.”

Chris Colfer: “I was not allowed to listen to Madonna when I was younger.” “My mother and grandmother had all the CDs but didn’t want me to hear about sex.”

Mark Salling grew up in a strict Christian home in the South: “Madonna was considered the she-devil.”

Jane Lynch recalls “sitting at a bar all drunk on Long Island ice teas watching her ‘Material Girl’ video and thinking, ‘How Ballsy.’”

Here's a medley of the Glee cast performing Madonna tunes:


No comments: