Monday, April 19, 2010

Liam Hemsworth Reveals His Secret to Abs of Steel

Move over Hugh Jackman: Miley Cyrus’s boyfriend Liam Hemsworth is the newest Aussie hunk with awesome abs causing moviegoers to swoon.

Shirtless and showing off his chiseled body in The Last Song, the actor, 20, says his physique "didn't come easy," and he trained six days a week to get in shape. His favorite exercises? Surfing, lifting weights and boxing.

"Surfing has been my main sport growing up, so that's always helped," Hemsworth told People Magazine at Reebok's ZigTech footwear workout launch event in New York Wednesday. But one thing he won't do is run on a treadmill. "I feel like it's the most boring thing, sitting on the treadmill or on a bike. It just explodes my mind!"

So does he listen to his girlfriend’s tunes while he breaks a sweat? "She'll sneak in there every now and then," he admits. " 'The Climb' is good or 'Party in the USA.' Even better, I will just get her to sing to me while I work out!"

Just don't ask Hemsworth to work out with Cyrus, 17. “She does a lot of dancing – so that’s her workout,” says the self-described "terrible dancer." "I couldn't keep up with her dancing because she's super flexible and she's throwing up her legs up around her head and stuff like that."

During what he calls his "offseason," Hemsworth’s guilty pleasures include hamburgers and pizza. "The hamburgers in America are the best in the world,” he says. "Mel’s Diner in L.A. – they are my favorite hamburgers. I could eat there everyday. They are ridiculous."

As for plans to help his girlfriend settle into her new house, he jokes that he’ll share some personal decorating ideas with her. "I could come in and gather some pictures of myself to put on her wall and see what she says,” he says with a laugh. 'I'll sign it for her as well, and it will say, 'Dear Miley, best wishes with the new house!' "

No comments: