Friday, October 30, 2009

Lady Gaga: 'Fashion Saved My Life'

Lady Gaga typically dresses like every day is Halloween, with her over-the-top hairstyles, outfits, and accessories. But, the singer says her outrageous looks makes her feel good and she's not really into looking pretty, anyway. She knows she's out there, and loves turning heads.

Gaga also admitted she has tried hard to look “interesting” while allowing her to grow and become more confident. She explained to Canada’s Flare magazine: "Fashion saved my life. It was complete liberation… it made me feel powerful, ambitious and much more resilient. We all need an image that screams, ‘I’m an individual!’ I think Jennifer Aniston is beautiful, she’s gorgeous, but I prefer to look interesting rather than pretty.”

The singer is not only perfecting her looks, but she's trying to get in great shape for her upcoming Monster Ball Tour, which will coincide with her updated LP, which is due out next month. She explained: "I’ve been training for 2 hours a day to get ready for this. I sing on the treadmill! I do cardio and weights on top of my rehearsals. I want to get my whole body in prime condition so I can carry the show."

Fans can expect a great show from the singer, but even if they can't make one of her gigs, they can get a lock of her hair with her new album to maybe make up for it. The "Paparazzi" singer is preparing to release a deluxe version of her new album The Fame Monster as a special-edition art book next month with a number of bizarre gifts, including a piece of her blonde hair, a personal note from the songstress and a jigsaw puzzle. Would you expect any less?

The collector’s sets will also be filled with pictorials, posters, fanzines, paper dolls, 3D glasses and a behind-the-scenes look at her bizarre life. As well as all the hits from the 2008 LP The Fame, the updated album will feature eight new tracks, including "Telephone," a duet with Beyonce Knowles.

The Fame Monster is due for release on November 24th.

No comments: