Saturday, October 31, 2009

Glee’s Matthew Morrison to Record a Solo Album

Glee’s Matthew Morrison will be recording a solo album, Access Hollywood reports.

Matt, 31, said he’s nearly finalized a record deal and will be recording an album.

“I would consider it a classier Justin Timberlake album,” he said. “It’s going to be me and a big orchestra, but also with beats.”

The Glee star also shared that he wants to do a little bit of everything in the business. “I want to be like the next Gene Kelly,” Matt said. “I want to kind of do it all.” He’s already gotten a Tony nomination for his work on The Light in the Piazza and appeared on Broadway’s Hairspray and South Pacific.

As for the forthcoming Glee tour, though, don’t expect to see Matthew joining the glee club kids on their trip around the country.

“I don’t think I’m going to be involved in that,” Matthew said. “Mr. Schuester likes to take his summer break.”

No comments: