Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Kids on the Block's Jonathan Knight: “I Have Never Been Outed By Anyone But Myself!”

From time to time, you will have a celebrity come out as gay and say they were never in the closet. Most recently, Johnny Weir came out.

But the truth is, whether you are famous or not, sometimes you have to come out time and time again in so many ways. So this appears to be the case with Jonathan Knight, a member of New Kids on the Block.

Last week, it seemed that singer Tiffany had possibly outed him when she casually mentioned that he is gay. Knight quickly showed his support of her via Twitter and has now taken things a step further in the New Kids on the Block website.

Here is an excerpt from his statement:


“I have never been outed by anyone but myself! I did so almost twenty years ago. I never know that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB! I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay! Apparently the pre requiste to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption “I am gay”. I apologize for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine! If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn’t even know me!” “I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further!”

Now, how much longer before his brother, Jordan, also comes out of the closet? Hopefully soon!

No comments: