Saturday, June 27, 2009

Kate Jackson Remembers Farrah Fawcett

They only starred together on Charlie’s Angels for one season but Kate Jackson, Jaclyn Smith and Farrah Fawcett remained connected for the rest of Farrah’s life through the show;s enormous pop culture legacy and their personal affection for each other.

Kate, who is also known for her roles on the hit TV series The Rookies and Scarecrow and Mrs. King, talked to Entertainment Weekly on Friday about Farrah in a deeply personal interview.


Here are some excerpts:

“I didn’t plan to do any interviews today. I was just going to go to the place that Farrah and I were together the last time we were together during this three years and just sit. But I love her so much. There’s no way that I couldn’t be part of a tribute to her, and you know, just give people my impressions of who Farrah is.

“When the first year of Charlie’s Angels ended, our friendship didn’t. It just grew stronger and closer through the years. I don’t know what the connection that the three of us have is, but it is there, and it is something extremely special. I think that is the reason the show worked. I think it’s even better than the movies because we truly cared about each other and still do. It was a pleasure and a privilege.

“It was not easy at times to be able to be with her these last three years and to be able to continue laughing. There was always, if few words were spoken, a zinger, though. Then there’d be a little light laugh, even through everything. She was just extraordinary and bright and as sharp as they come and beautiful and her courage, I just… I don’t even know what to say about that. She was never a follower; she was always a leader. Her choices were her choices.”

No comments: