Friday, June 26, 2009

Elizabeth Taylor: 'Oh, God! I'm Going to Miss Him'

Elizabeth Taylor had a long, enduring friendship with Michael Jackson, and now the movie legend says she can't believe he has died.

"My heart … my mind are broken. I loved Michael with all my soul and I can't imagine life without him," Taylor, 77, said in a statement Friday. "We had so much in common and we had such loving fun together."

Like many people, Taylor says she was looking forward to Jackson's highly anticipated return to the stage in the U.K. next month. "I was packing up my clothes to go to London for his opening when I heard the news. I still can't believe it," she says. "I don't want to believe it. It can't be so."

Taylor, who stood by Jackson through the good times as well as the difficult ones – including when he faced allegations of child molestation – says her friend "will live in my heart forever, but it's not enough. My life feels so empty."

"I don't think anyone knew how much we loved each other. The purest, most giving love I've ever known. Oh God! I'm going to miss him. I can't yet imagine life with out him.

"I guess with God’s help ... I'll learn. I keep looking at the photo he gave me of himself, which says, 'To my true love Elizabeth, I love you forever.' And, I will love HIM forever. "

No comments: