Tuesday, September 2, 2008

...and Then There Were Three!

During my high school years, I had the aspiration to become a journalist and eventually work for a local television station as a meteorlogist. I never pursued my dreams, so now as "couch potato meterologist", I spend my time tracking the tropics during the hurricane season.

Well, as we approach the peak of the Hurricane Season (September 10th) the Atlantic Ocean is brewing with three named storms: Hanna, Ike and Josephine, along with two addition unclassified tropical systems with a 20%-30% probability of becoming the 11th and 12th tropical depressions of 2008.

It seems as if all three named systems are pointing towards the state of Florida. We're all hoping they all make a turn before they reach our shores, as we do not want to deal with floods, destructions, cold showers, cabin fever, no television, and everything else that comes with these tropical systems. So, let's all hope and pray that the "three musketeers" stay away from sunny SoFla!

No comments: