Thursday, March 3, 2011

Charlie Sheen: 'It's Not an Act'

Yes, Charlie Sheen is acutely aware that plenty of people think he's crazy. And he doesn't care.

"It's not an act," he tells People magazine in this week's cover story. "Here's the good news: If I realize that I'm insane, then I'm okay with it. I'm not dangerous insane."

During the course of a late-night interview at his Beverly Hills home, Sheen, 45, addressed everything from his ongoing "war" with Two and a Half Men co-creator Chuck Lorre to his two-girlfriend living arrangement to his self-styled path to sobriety.

Expressing disdain for the Alcoholics Anonymous model of recovery, he says, "I'm not interested in addiction, disease, all that crap. Twenty years they took from me. I just decided that I was going to think differently, that I was not going to believe anything I'd been taught."

As for his unorthodox home life with 24-year-old girlfriends Rachel Oberlin and Natalie Kenly, he says, "everybody's needs are met, everybody's cool."

The actor is more reflective on the subject of his young children: 2-year-old twins Bob and Max with ex-wife Brooke Mueller and daughters Sam, 7, and Lola, 5, with ex-wife Denise Richards.

"There's a feeling ... that I haven't spent enough time with them, and they're getting older," he says. "Not the boys, but the girls. But rather than sitting here and going, 'What have I done?' I just change it."

For much more on Charlie Sheen, including the childhood influence of his father's Vietnam war epic Apocalypse Now, his thoughts on his exes and his prediction about the future of Two and a Half Men, pick up this week's issue of People, on newsstands Friday.

No comments: