Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ugly Betty's Ana Ortiz Preps for Her Baby Girl

Pregnancy hasn't been a bumpy road for Ugly Betty star Ana Ortiz. In fact, the actress, who's due with a girl at the end of July, says she feels "phenomenal."

"I've had a great experience so far," the radiant actress told People Saturday at the GLAAD Media Awards in New York City, where she wore a form-fitting white J. Mendel dress. But, she added, "Talk to me in another month."

So, what's she craving? "French toast and pancakes," says Ortiz, who's married to guitarist Noah Lebenzon. "Other than that, I want citrus and lots of fruits."

Ortiz is already busy designing her baby-to-be's room. "I just met with the decorator today. I didn't want it too frilly frou-frou, too canopy princess-y. So we're doing a sort of eco-friendly, beautiful room," she says. "I'm not sure of the color palette yet, but it's going to be gorgeous."

And Ugly Betty costars America Ferrera and Vanessa Williams are hosting her baby shower. "A friend of mine owns Green Baby, so Ana has all the green baby products she could ever want," Williams told People at the GLAAD event. "But my gift to her was the catering. I've got a wonderful woman who is going to cater. I said, 'Please allow me to do that.' "

"I was so flabbergasted that she even offered," said Ortiz.

No comments: