Monday, January 19, 2009

Hillary Clinton: What a Leader!

As we get ready to enter a new era in the White House, I would share with you the email I (and thousands of others) received from Hillary Clinton. She may not be our next President of the United States, but she will always be a "leading lady".

All the best to Hillary...


Dear Carlos,

This is not a goodbye, because we're all embarking on a new American journey.

With our nation moving in an exciting new direction, you and I and all Americans are going to be a key part of the change that is coming. I couldn't be more hopeful about meeting the challenges and seizing the opportunities that lie ahead.

But I want to take just one moment to look back at the incredible experiences you and I shared over the last two years. From the moment we launched our historic campaign back in January 2007, I was deeply moved by the amount of support you showed me .

We spent 17 months in a hard-fought campaign making sure that every American had a chance to make their voice heard. We made history by putting 18 million cracks in the very highest glass ceiling.

And when that campaign came to an end, we kept working and fighting, putting our hearts into making history again by helping to put Barack Obama and Joe Biden in the White House.

I'm so proud of all we accomplished, but most of all, I'm proud to call you my friend. Your devotion to making our country and our world a better place has been a constant source of inspiration to me.In our most difficult moments, it was you who kept our efforts moving forward.

In our happiest moments, you and I celebrated together. Together we walked this amazing journey one step at a time and I couldn't have done without you.

And as I take the first step on the next path in our journey, I know you'll be right there with me, as always, in my heart and by my side.

Thank you, God bless you, and may God bless America.

Sincerely,



No comments: