Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Donny Osmond Lets Slip He'll Be on DWTS

Donny Osmond has let slip that he is about to step into his sister Marie's shoes – her dancing shoes.

While next season's stars have yet to be announced for the ABC hit Dancing with the Stars, Donny appeared with Marie for a Monday taping of the syndicated The Bonnie Hunt Show for an episode scheduled to air Tuesday.

Asked by his TV hostess if, like his sister, he'd ever consider doing Dancing, the former teen idol, 51, flashed his trademark smile and said, "Well, I guess I am making an announcement. I'll say I am seriously considering doing it, let's put it that way."

Never one for a poker face, Osmond added with a laugh, "I guess I just let the cat out of the bag."

On Dancing's fifth season, Marie, 49, was paired with pro dancer Jonathan Roberts. Not that hers was an easy contest. She passed out after a samba the fifth week, family patriarch George Osmond died the seventh week, and her scores from the judges as the season wound down resembled a roller-coaster track.

Won't Be Upstaged

Even so, her older sibling told Hunt, "I can't let my sister upstage me. Besides, who do you think taught her how to dance?"

"That not fair!" snapped back Marie. "The men do half the work."

"That's why I'm doing it, baby," Donny teased. "It is going to be very difficult because I am going to be doing [the Osmonds' Las Vegas show] on top of doing Dancing with the Stars."

Like a referee, Hunt said, "I think it is going to be fabulous to watch you on the show, Donny. We're gonna love it. You are a natural-born performer."

Interjected Marie: "I just want to see him in stretchy pants."

Source: People.com

No comments: