Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Senator Fran Drescher?

Move over, Caroline Kennedy, there's a new contender for Hillary Clinton's vacant Senate seat - the TV nanny with the braying laugh. Fran Drescher has gone public with her bid for Governor Paterson's appointment as the replacement senator from New York.

Drescher runs down the list of her qualifications for New York Magazine. "I've just been given the appointment of U.S. diplomat. My title is public diplomacy and envoy for women's health issues, and I just got back from a four-country European tour of duty. I believe next I'll be sent to the Middle East."

The star and creator of 'The Nanny' goes on to say, "I've been very successful in getting a bill passed in Washington. I was thinking I'd take the next four years to lay some groundwork, but I'm throwing my hat in the ring. I'm an authentic and honest person and I think Capitol Hill needs more of that."

Whomever Governor Paterson appoints to the Senate will hold the seat for two years before running in a special election in 2010.

No comments: