Monday, December 8, 2008

British Singer Cliff Richard Finally Talks About His Sexuality

British pop icon Sir Cliff Richard says he loves keeping fans guessing about his sexuality.

Throughout his 50 years in the showbiz limelight, Sir Cliff has been surrounded by rumour and innuendo about his sexuality. And now the 68-year-old has confided how he loves to keep people guessing.


"I'm an enigma and I love it," the committed christian told BBC TV's religious program Songs of Praise. "I love that after all these years they still don't think they know everything about me.


"I know but I don't care, that's the thing."

Sir Cliff's remarks come after he detailed his close friendship with a former Catholic priest John McElynn in his autobiography released in September. In the book, the pop singer described McElynn as his "companion" and revealed they lived together.

During his TV interview, Sir Cliff said the statements in his book about his support for same-sex relationships had been interpreted by some readers as being about his own sexuality.


"I was trying to be very philosophical about a lot of things, including same-sex relationships," he told the BBC. "There have been changes within my faith, I was at one time quite judgmental."

No comments: