Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Conan O'Brien Taking Late-Night Show to Cable

Conan O'Brien has emerged from the late-night war with Jay Leno at NBC with a new show beginning in November on TBS.

“In three months I’ve gone from network television to Twitter to performing live in theaters, and now I’m headed to basic cable. My plan is working perfectly," O'Brien said in a statement.

On his Twitter page, he joked: "The good news: I will be doing a show on TBS starting in November! The bad news: I'll be playing Rudy on the all new Cosby Show."

His new show will air Monday through Thursday at 11:00 pm (ET), taking the current slot of George Lopez's show Lopez Tonight, which will then move to midnight.

According to TBS, O’Brien began talks in earnest with the network last week after Lopez personally called him to recruit him. “I can’t think of anything better than doing my show with Conan as my lead-in,” Lopez said. “It’s the beginning of a new era in late-night comedy.”

The comedian begins his 30-city North American comedy tour – dubbed the The Legally Prohibited From Being Funny On Television Tour – Monday night in Eugene, Oregon.

No comments: