Friday, February 19, 2010

Colin Farrell Enjoys Fame More Without the Booze

Colin Farrell enjoys success a lot more now that he's put down the bottle. The 33-year-old actor was previously a bad boy known for his excessive partying, but he gave up drinking a few years ago. Now, he's still having fun, but appreciates what he has a lot more.

He said: “It’s put more focus on my career. I’m a lot more appreciative over what I have. For years I was adamantly trying to show that I wasn’t worthy or that I didn’t know why it happened to me. I enjoy it a lot more now.”

The In Bruges star says there was no specific reason why he curbed his wild ways, other than that he had begun to grow tired of his hectic lifestyle. He added: “I just wanted to stop. I was done with it, I was tired of it, I wanted to get off the treadmill.”

Despite his antics, Colin insists he has always taken his career seriously. He told Total Film magazine: “The work I always took serious – I probably would have been embarrassed by how serious I took it. Everything else, the behavior around the work, was a guy having a good time and probably trying to apologize for his success.”

No comments: