Thursday, April 30, 2009

Top Gun's Kelly McGillis "Comes Out"

Top Gun star Kelly McGillis has turned her back on men for good - reportedly confirming persistent rumors she is gay.

The actress been subjected to gossip about her sexuality throughout her career but she repeatedly denied speculation she was a lesbian.

But now McGillis has apparently confirmed she's shunning men in favour of a female lover.

According to Radar Online, she says, "I'm done with the man thing. I did that, I need to move on in life. That's another part of being true to yourself... that's been a challenge for me personally.

"I think that (accepting my homosexuality) was an ongoing process from the time I was about 12. I had a lot of things happened that convinced me that God was punishing me for being gay. That was a hard process."

McGillis has been wed twice and has two daughters from her marriage to Fred Tillman. The couple divorced in 2002.

No comments: